Friday, December 30, 2011

Another night at the rec

I leave my table of friends and approach the bar at Roger's Rec to pay my tab. No, I didn't order this or this or this.

Someone is going to pay for this.

I decide to stick around until the whole mess is sorted out, which means hanging out around the hacienda that comes out after the Rec shuts down. Pony rides under the gazebo and moonlight on spring-green grass. I spend the night in a van.

The next morning I approach the bar again. Everyone recognizes me as that guy who didn't pay his tab. Look, there was a bunch of shit on there I didn't ask for and I'm not going to pay for it.

Well, you cost us thousands of dollars by waiting until now to tell us that.

I apologize very sincerely: I didn't know it was so important to you.

This sounds kind of snarky, but whether they notice they make no mention. I pay my tab and suppose it is settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment